CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 20, 2010

Update on Samuel

We received an update on Samuel today! It was not expected at all, but such a wonderful delight! They told us not to expect an update. We were thrilled to find one in our email this afternoon! We got a lot more pictures of him & a progress report. The picture are scanned, but they are sending the originals. The best part is he has things from the care package we sent in some of his pictures! We sent the little outfit he is wearing. There is a few photos of him with his little giraffe lovey & then there is a picture of him looking at the photo album we sent with pictures of us in it! That melted my heart! If I wasn't already crying, I for sure would have been when I got to that picture!

Here are the things he is doing now:

  • Localizes direction of sound
  • Reacts differently to strangers
  • Prefers to be with people
  • Verbalizes for attention
  • Mouths all objects
  • Bangs objects
  • Interested in own mirror image
  • Lifts legs & grabs feet
  • Holds objects with palm & 5 fingers
  • Prone-raises self on extended arms
  • Makes consonant & vowel sounds
  • Rolls front to back
  • Rolls back to front
  • Pushes away unwanted objects
  • Rakes/scoops objects with hand
  • Eyes follow or seek fallen object
  • Full weight on legs when held up
  • Bounces actively
  • Creeps on stomach
  • Pivots
  • Sits tripod fashion (arms in forward support)
  • Says "Umma" (momma)

He is growing so much! He now weighs 16.7 pounds! He may have been born teeny tiny, but he is definitely making up for it! He has already changed! I wish we were there for all of these little milestones!

I'll upload the pictures of him when I get the originals (hopefully we will get them). They ones I have are scanned in & sent via email. So, I need to figure out how to upload those. I'll try!

3 comments:

Dena said...

An update -- how exciting!!

Jenny said...

I bet getting that update made you one VERY happy momma!

Amy said...

I can't wait to see those pics! So glad you got an update!

Post a Comment