Well, we just finished our education for the adoption! Yay! I'm glad that course is over! We took "With Eyes Wide Open." Some of it was kind of silly, but it was required. In the spring we will go to 2 classes each on a Saturday from our home study agency. They aren't required, but are good for us to go to and were included in our costs to them. So, we'll go!
On another note, I'm getting worried about our I-600a form. I sent it all on 12/01. I sent it certified with return receipt and haven't gotten the return receipt back yet. So, I looked up the tracking on the USPS site, and it says it was forwarded on the 5th. It just says they were directed to forwarded it, or something was wrong with the address. I thought I looked at that thing about a hundred times before sending it, but I don't know. Now I'm just wondering if maybe they asked them to forward it to their PO Box or what. There were 2 addresses. A physical one and a PO Box. I sent it to the physical one since I had a return receipt on it. I'm just wondering where it's at! That had important info. in there as well as some checks! I hope tomorrow when I look it up, it says it's been received. Hopefully I didn't do something wrong! :( Oh bother...............
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
FINALLY! We can post pictures of our baby boy! Our acceptance paper work is on it's way to Korea today! Yippie! Praise the Lord! We are ...
-
This day is Seoul has been the BEST day ever! Of course, b/c we got our sweet Samuel today forever! We are SO in love. Today was an emotiona...
-
Today was a relaxed day. We stayed in the room this morning & skyped with our family. They loved seeing Samuel! We mostly played, fed...
-
Yes, WE GOT OUR TRAVEL CALL!!!!!! This morning around 9:30 it came. I can't believe it! We are over the moon excited & cannot wai...
-
Okay...so I know why you're probably REALLY checking out the blog for today! :) Pictures! So, I'll post the important ones first ...
-
Well, this isn't really a whole day in Seoul yet, but wanted to share our experience so far! We are finally here! The flight was smoot...
-
Sorry I haven't posted in a while! We've been...umm...busy! The last few nights have been a little rough, but have been getting bett...
-
We are still doing great! We are all adjusted to the time change now & the sleeping is getting much better! Samuel is sleeping in his cr...
-
Bill & I always have so much to be thankful for! We are blessed to have each other, wonderful family, the best friends, a loving church...
-
Well, sweet & simply we know this is where God wants us to adopt from. There was (& still is) a lot of prayer that went into this de...
Support our Adoption
Adoption Timeline
Application to Barker ~ 10-13-09
Applicaiton interview ~ 11-2-09
Application for home study ~ 11-5-09
Assigned our social worker ~ 11-11-09
1st home study visit ~ 11-20-09
sent I-600a ~ 12-1-09
Individual home study visits ~ 12-6-09
Finished adoption education ~ 12-10-09
Last home study visit ~ 12-26-09
Home study sent to USCIS ~ 02-9-10
Fingerprints ~ 2-24-10
I-600a approval ~ 3-17-10
Home study to Korea ~ 3-22-10
Parents in process training ~ 4-10-10 & 4-17-10
Referral ~ 8-2-10 ~ Our sweet Samuel
Verbal acceptance ~ 8-5-10
Acceptance paperwork to Korea ~ 8-16-10
Legals ~ 8-30-10
I-600 mailed ~ 8-30-10
I-600 approval ~ 9-20-10
NVC In/Out ~ 9/28/10
P3 sent ~ 9/30/10
VI ~ ???
TC ~ 10/5/10
A forever family! ~ 10/12/10
Applicaiton interview ~ 11-2-09
Application for home study ~ 11-5-09
Assigned our social worker ~ 11-11-09
1st home study visit ~ 11-20-09
sent I-600a ~ 12-1-09
Individual home study visits ~ 12-6-09
Finished adoption education ~ 12-10-09
Last home study visit ~ 12-26-09
Home study sent to USCIS ~ 02-9-10
Fingerprints ~ 2-24-10
I-600a approval ~ 3-17-10
Home study to Korea ~ 3-22-10
Parents in process training ~ 4-10-10 & 4-17-10
Referral ~ 8-2-10 ~ Our sweet Samuel
Verbal acceptance ~ 8-5-10
Acceptance paperwork to Korea ~ 8-16-10
Legals ~ 8-30-10
I-600 mailed ~ 8-30-10
I-600 approval ~ 9-20-10
NVC In/Out ~ 9/28/10
P3 sent ~ 9/30/10
VI ~ ???
TC ~ 10/5/10
A forever family! ~ 10/12/10


3 comments:
did you send it to texas or charlotte???
What agency are you using? We are using Children'ts Home Society and they use the Eyes Wide Open. I'm glad your going to your home study agency's education. We were very happy with ours and learned a lot. Congrats on completing another step!
I sent it to Texas. I went by the post office today, & they couldn't give me any other information other than it's been forwarded and once it reaches another post office we'll know where it's at!
Post a Comment