I've been behind on my posts lately so I'm trying to play catch up.
God knows our needs. This is something that I talked with Erin (a dear woman of God from church) about last Sunday. She was encouraging me because last week we found out that we did not get the grant we were hoping to receive. They said they had 100's of applications & was unable to grant our request. I had a deep down feeling we weren't gonna get it, but it still was a little upsetting. :(
So, Erin was encouraging me last Sunday & reminding me about George Mueller. He cared for more than 10,000 orphans. He never once asked anyone directly for money to care for these children. He only prayed. He never took out a loan or went into debt & they were always provided for.
Here is a portion of what he said, "Now, if I, a poor man, simply by prayer and faith, obtained, without asking any individual, the means for establishing and carrying on an Orphan-House: there would be something which, with the Lord's blessing, might be instrumental in strengthening the faith of the children of God besides being a testimony to the consciences of the unconverted, of the reality of the things of God. This, then, was the primary reason, for establishing the Orphan-House. . . The first and primary object of the work was, (and still is) that God might be magnified by the fact, that the orphans under my care are provided, with all they need, only by prayer and faith, without any one being asked by me or my fellow-laborers, whereby it may be seen, that God is FAITHFUL STILL, and HEARS PRAYER STILL."
Wow! She was encouraging me & reminding me that God knows our need better than anyone else. We don't have to tell anyone about our need. He can place on someone's heart to help us with our adoption expenses.
The very next day, on this past Monday, God blessed us. We received a card in the mail from someone that I know, but never see & have only seen a few times. She wrote in the card that "God impressed upon me to send this to you...isn't God good!" Yes he is! Wow! I am so thankful for her & that she blessed us.
I reminded my husband (when we didn't receive the grant) that our prayer from the beginning was that God would be glorified, so why would we think that He would do it our way, or any way that we would expect? We still have a lot to save up for, but we're trying to trust in Him. He is a miracle & mountain moving God!
Saturday, July 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
FINALLY! We can post pictures of our baby boy! Our acceptance paper work is on it's way to Korea today! Yippie! Praise the Lord! We are ...
-
This day is Seoul has been the BEST day ever! Of course, b/c we got our sweet Samuel today forever! We are SO in love. Today was an emotiona...
-
Today was a relaxed day. We stayed in the room this morning & skyped with our family. They loved seeing Samuel! We mostly played, fed...
-
Yes, WE GOT OUR TRAVEL CALL!!!!!! This morning around 9:30 it came. I can't believe it! We are over the moon excited & cannot wai...
-
Okay...so I know why you're probably REALLY checking out the blog for today! :) Pictures! So, I'll post the important ones first ...
-
Well, this isn't really a whole day in Seoul yet, but wanted to share our experience so far! We are finally here! The flight was smoot...
-
Sorry I haven't posted in a while! We've been...umm...busy! The last few nights have been a little rough, but have been getting bett...
-
We are still doing great! We are all adjusted to the time change now & the sleeping is getting much better! Samuel is sleeping in his cr...
-
Bill & I always have so much to be thankful for! We are blessed to have each other, wonderful family, the best friends, a loving church...
-
Well, sweet & simply we know this is where God wants us to adopt from. There was (& still is) a lot of prayer that went into this de...
Support our Adoption
Adoption Timeline
Application to Barker ~ 10-13-09
Applicaiton interview ~ 11-2-09
Application for home study ~ 11-5-09
Assigned our social worker ~ 11-11-09
1st home study visit ~ 11-20-09
sent I-600a ~ 12-1-09
Individual home study visits ~ 12-6-09
Finished adoption education ~ 12-10-09
Last home study visit ~ 12-26-09
Home study sent to USCIS ~ 02-9-10
Fingerprints ~ 2-24-10
I-600a approval ~ 3-17-10
Home study to Korea ~ 3-22-10
Parents in process training ~ 4-10-10 & 4-17-10
Referral ~ 8-2-10 ~ Our sweet Samuel
Verbal acceptance ~ 8-5-10
Acceptance paperwork to Korea ~ 8-16-10
Legals ~ 8-30-10
I-600 mailed ~ 8-30-10
I-600 approval ~ 9-20-10
NVC In/Out ~ 9/28/10
P3 sent ~ 9/30/10
VI ~ ???
TC ~ 10/5/10
A forever family! ~ 10/12/10
Applicaiton interview ~ 11-2-09
Application for home study ~ 11-5-09
Assigned our social worker ~ 11-11-09
1st home study visit ~ 11-20-09
sent I-600a ~ 12-1-09
Individual home study visits ~ 12-6-09
Finished adoption education ~ 12-10-09
Last home study visit ~ 12-26-09
Home study sent to USCIS ~ 02-9-10
Fingerprints ~ 2-24-10
I-600a approval ~ 3-17-10
Home study to Korea ~ 3-22-10
Parents in process training ~ 4-10-10 & 4-17-10
Referral ~ 8-2-10 ~ Our sweet Samuel
Verbal acceptance ~ 8-5-10
Acceptance paperwork to Korea ~ 8-16-10
Legals ~ 8-30-10
I-600 mailed ~ 8-30-10
I-600 approval ~ 9-20-10
NVC In/Out ~ 9/28/10
P3 sent ~ 9/30/10
VI ~ ???
TC ~ 10/5/10
A forever family! ~ 10/12/10


2 comments:
Great post! Thanks for sharing!
It's so great that he has provided for you. Awesome!!
Post a Comment